Metal, undeath and application to Art Center

Some new images: a couple of the older ones reworked and a few that I did as part of my portfolio to Art Center.

Overlord

I've been meaning to do something evil and/or metal inspired for a while. I'm not sure if I succeeded at that, but this was what came out. A more finished version of a WIP that I had in a gallery here for some time.

Let the healing begin..

Hopefully, mine. Also a more finished version of a WIP in my gallery here. The idea for this originated from a russian joke/saying: " if the doctor says (you're bound) for the morgue, then to the morgue you go. I.e if they pronounced you dead, you don't argue -- they have the expertise. A sarcastic remark I heard used when 'authority' told you to do something you didn't like.

Followed up and re-imagined in a similar vein, in here the patient is obviously not quite dead, being followed by the 'doc'.


***

The following images were part of my application to Art Center from January. They are, supposedly, linked by a story and happen within the same world.

Arrival

I had to do an interesting cityscape with a vehicle and a character, a frame in a story. I've never really done stuff like that before, and there's certainly room for improvement. If you have some suggestions/comments, I'd be glad to hear.

Transit

-Traveling economy class. Here I tried to do a more stylized, situational illustration. Also something I haven't really done before. Not sure if it's quite there yet, but I am at a loss as to what can be done to improve it. Other than maybe rendering it some more and maybe refining that window too..

Ride

-A more conventional vehicle and a character. More of a vehicle design exercise for me, the illustration itself feels very common though:/

Please feel free to leave comments/suggestions. Thanks.

No comments: